30 years’ executive pan-European experience with a demonstrated history of working in the real estate and financial industry, including investment management, developments, capital markets transactions and consultancy in several institutions (CBRE Global Investors, ING Real Estate Investment Management, ABN-AMRO, Credit Lyonnais, Filo).
Responsible for the design and execution of different investment strategies for leading international investors developing successful joint ventures with local (operating) partners (Sonae, Immochan, Pam and Eroski), across multiple sectors, geographies (Spain, Portugal and Italy), direct and indirect investment vehicles, involving acquisitions, developments, asset management and sales.
Solid track record in sourcing and performance, where return has been based in differentiating, flexible and diversified investment strategies, good timing, stock picking and quality underwriting. Proactive asset management assessing NOI growth possibilities through alpha actions, especially enlargement of shopping centers, refurbishments, tenant mix optimizations, urban regeneration and repositioning. Knowledge, selection and ventures with select operating partners have been key success factors for return and sourcing.
Main Highlights and achievements along these years:
- Launched and managed 3 specialized funds and contributed to develop separate client-based accounts.
- EUR 6bn in transactions (shopping centers, logistics, offices, high street retails, residences).
- EUR 2.4bn in assets under management (March 2017) and dominant player in shopping centers and logistics. Leading international investor in Portugal
- Establishment, management and development of joint venture projects with partners such as Sonae, Immochan, Pam and Eroski.
- Opening of offices in Madrid and Milan. Responsible for the recruitment, training and development of their local teams.
- 2.7x Equity multiplier and 10.4% net IRR over 16 years. Return above international real estate benchmarks, primarily Investment Property Data Bank (IPD):
- 2 MSCI Awards: i) best 3-year return for a specialized retail fund (CBRE RPFI) in Portugal; ii) best annual return for a logistics portfolio in the Iberian Peninsula.
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB): Green Star, amongst the top five specialist funds in Europe.
- Several awards at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and MIPIM, including Best Shopping Center.
Senior Advisor Arcano Partners
Axiare Patrimonio Socimi, S.A.
Gerson Lehrman Group
CBRE Global Investors
Managing Director for Spain and Portugal. Fund Manager (3 funds). Member of EMEA Board and Executive Committee
ING Real Estate Investment Management
Southern Europe Managing Director (Spain, Portugal and Italy). Fund Manager. Member of the European Board. Member of Global and European Executive Committee. Chairman of the Global Retail Platform
Gestinduero (Caja Duero Group, Spanish Saving Bank)
Filo (Spanish listed real estate developer and investor)
ABN- AMRO (CM Capital Markets SVB, Stockbroker and Investment bank)
Founding partner and Deputy General Manager. I held the positions of Head of Research and Corporate Finance, Senior Director Asset Management, Senior Director of Dealing Desk, Sales and Marketing
Iberagentes SVB Stockbroker (Crédit Lyonnais Group)
Participation in sections; The Real Estate Investment in Spain 2001-2011: 10 years of IPD in Spain (IPD-IESE), 2011; The Real Estate Market. A Practical Guide. Investment, Financing, Taxation and Legal Aspects (Deusto), 2009.
Sectoral events in Spain and Portugal, namely: FROB Investors’ Day: Analysis of the Spanish Financial Market; Barcelona Meeting Point (BMP); Portugal Real Estate Summit; DLA Piper European Real Estate Summit – Spain Investors’ Day; International Property Data Bank (IPD) and Recoletos Conferences events
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
ICADE, Madrid. Bachelor of Law, Economics and Business, E-3.
Former member of International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Urban Land Institute (ULI), Spanish Institute of Financial Analysts.